Everyone has a role to play…
Coastcare members can contribute in any number of ways:
- Financial and moral support.
- Participate in monthly Dunecare working bees for two hours. This involves removing invasive weeds, planting native species, reprofiling dunes, collecting rubbish and marine debris. Dunecare is followed by refreshments.
- Join the Management Committee.
- Assist sub-committees on projects, where members can share their professional expertise.
- Help with special events, such as the AGM, Information Sessions and the annual Christmas Party.
Some members are more comfortable with administrative duties while others prefer more active participation. There are jobs for every ability. Just let us know your preference.
We have an amazing group of volunteers and we thank them all for supporting Coochiemudlo Island Coastcare in “Caring for our island”.
Coastcare has current Public Liability insurance of $20 million plus Personal Accident, Volunteer Accident and Association Liability. This coverage is provided through our membership of Queensland Water and Landcarers, with funds provided by the Queensland Department of Resources and Mines. Members are covered on all official Coastcare duties on the dunes, in the Wetlands, market days, meetings and events. QWaLC is the peak body for natural resource management (NRM) volunteers and represents over 300 groups and 29,000 individuals.
Join Coastcare today!
Preparing for Dunecare
Volunteers should come prepared for Dunecare:
- Comfortable clothing
- Closed-in shoes
- Personal insect repellent
- BYO water